Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First Post


About me:
Rustin Billings
Married two years
I am from Wisconsin/Iowa but now live in Lindenhurst.
Work is at Pursuit Auto (www.pursuitauto.com) and the Army National Guard


Why Teaching:
“If you do something you love, you'll never work a day in your life.” Certainly most have heard some sentiment along these lines. But where does such an idealistic concept intersect with reality? Amongst many reasons, I would like to teach because I find when expending extra effort to help someone grasp a concept I truly enjoy it. My life experience has provided many occasions to chose between letting it go at good enough and spending the extra time and effort to develop others. That is, I enjoy going beyond the simple transfer of knowledge to enabling people to develop and grow. I have found though, it isn't really extra effort to spend additional time because it is fulfilling. Also one feels the pleasure of the altruism of those moments. It is genuinely investing in a calling and not just a job.

Technology:
I am fairly comfortable with technology. I have in the past programmed a little bit for my math degree and built a couple of computers. But there are certainly some gaps just because technology always evolving. But I am generally comfortable with technology.

Class:
I think the class will be fun. I like tech and it plays an increasingly important role in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment